USSR Foreign Policy DocumentsContact:
Amabssador Nadezhda Barinova, Director (idd AT mid.ru)
History and Records Department
The main publishing project of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation is the fundamental document series entitled “Documents on the Foreign Policy of the USSR” launched in 1956. 26 volumes of the series have been published; the last 26th volume related to the foreign policy and diplomacy of our country in 1943 was issued in 2016. At the moment we are working on the 27th volume, which will include documents of 1944.
In 2012 the the 4th (final) volume of the collection “The USSR and the German Issue. 1941-1949” covering the period from June 1948 till October 1949 was published.
Among other editions of the History and Records Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation it is important to mark:
– the bilateral collection “USSR/Russia – Iceland. 1943-2008”. Edited in 2013 it was dedicated to the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
– the collection of documents “Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia in the years of World War I” published in 2014 to mark the Centennial of WWI.
– the second volume of the document project “Soviet-Chinese Relations. 1952-1955”, published in 2015. The first volume which covers the period from 1949 to 1951 was published in 2009 to mark the 60th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between our countries.
– private diaries of prince Lev Urusov (1877-1933), preserved among the collections of the Archive of the External Policy of the Russian Empire. This valuable human document reflects Russian diplomats’ vision of the events of the WWI and Russian Revolution of 1917.
– in 2018 appeared the collection of documents “Crimea in the development of Russia: history, policy, diplomacy”. This edition stresses indissoluble ties of the Crimean peninsula’s past with the history of Russia.
– in early 2019 an illustrated album “Russia and the Order of Malta. 1697-1817” was published.
– in 2020 the second volume of the bilateral collection “Soviet – Israel relations. 1954-1967” (in two parts) is expected.